Sunday 17 February 2013

Little Tricks and Tips

Hey All

Not much new and earth shattering to post.  We are all cleaned up from Christmas and have had a few nice days to be able to get outside and keep up on a few things there.

I hurt my arm/shoulder at work a few weeks ago, so big heavy things are not being done right now, not that there are a lot of things to do....lol.

I was able to build an enclosure for the nose of our coach, built from 2x4 and light plywood.  I am hoping to use this area for small painting projects and small things to be etched.  I am by some peoples definition an artist with an airbrush.  I am hoping to break into the glass etching side once all set up.  We have been looking at skirting for the side and back of the coach to help keep the cool air from surrounding us...lol.

There are several local companies who can sew together a "skirt" and mount it to the side of the coach, for each company there are different ideas and ways to do it.  So we have been exploring those avenues.  Even went to a local RV show to expand our brains however we were disappointed by the lack of vendors and products.  So we returned home with our un-expanded brains...lol.  We will keep searching till we find something that suits our needs, it has to be able to be packed up as small as possible and stored away for travelling, as well as easy to attach when we arrive at our new destination, without taking hours to do either.

As for other tips.  Keep the outside clean..!  It would seem one beast to RV'ers is the black streak demon.  These are the black streaks that you see down the side of an RV.  I believe they are from the different sealers used on the roof the seal and plug holes or around fixtures that protrude.  Not being able to coat this area or change it we are forced to wash it.  Tried the Camping black streak remover sold in stores was not impressed.  Someone suggested some C.L.R., maybe next time..!  One thing that did work very well was a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  It would be a long day to have to wash the whole unit with one but very it did the trick, good thing there are only a few spots with black streaks.  I am also using a soap that has wax built in it.  I washed one side of the RV about a month ago and the black streaks seemed to come off that much easier and faster.  I will continue to use it....can't hurt..!

Another good trick was the suggestion of rain X on the shower doors on the inside.  Yes, had to say that cause someone is going to say why put it on the outside of the doors....lol.

As for other tricks I have a 30ft hose for washing and outside stuff.  My suggestion is to buy one longer than your unit or at least as long as....not all water connections are conveniently located.  Same thought applies to power cables..!

I am very glad I was able to have a set of parents who liked to go camping and as such I am not new to the RV world.  Many things I take for granted as knowing already seem to be such grand ideas for others....well I do have almost 75 years combined experience from my parents and myself, not all full time but we are now..!

Happy on peeps..!  Any ideas or other suggestions and comments are always welcome..!  There is always more than two ways to "skin" a cat..!


Puff

Disclaimer:
P.S. NO cats were harmed or meant harm by this posting.


No comments:

Post a Comment